IONIQ20 : Leak Tester for High Volume Production
On the basis of its well-proven concept of production line Quality Control Testers, ATEQ has developed a new leak Tester, designed for the specific requirements of high volume production of plastic parts. This instrument is used for the detection of localized moulding faults, insufficient membrane thickness, perforations, etc…. The IONIQ 20 is based on discharge current measurement and is able to detect defects in the region of 10μm.
Battery pouch cells, plastic bottle caps, plastic packaging, plastic coverings
MEASUREMENT PRINCIPLE :
- The IONIQ measures the current flowing between a patented charged probe and a ground plate placed under the part to be tested.
- In a PASS situation (fig 1): No hole, no weak part, the IONIQ measures a high %. The measured voltage and the nominal voltage are virtually equal. The result is above the reject level, the part has passed the test.
- In a FAIL situation (fig 2): The IONIQ measures a low %. The measured voltage is significantly below the nominal voltage. The result is below the reject level, the part has failed the test.
- Test limitations: short probe-part-plate distance, electrical insulation from environment.
- The IONIQ uses the % of the nominal voltage (which reflects the discharge current), measured on the part as PASS/FAIL level.
- The Ionic system is ideal for high volume tests on bottle caps for injection point defects, on plastic or insulating membranes for thickness defects.
- Integrated ionizing high voltage generator (5 to 27.3 kV)
- Reject levels as % of nominal voltage (0 to 100%)
- Monitoring and protection of high voltage generator.
- Limitation of the current rating
- Speed: Minimum cycle time 0.6s
- I/O’s for instrument control and results
- 32 programs
- Remote control allows the test module to be close to the test part
- Language selection, customization of test
|High voltage generator||Integrated and adjustable according to application (5 to 27.3 kV)|
|Temperature||Operating: + 10°C à + 45°C
Storage: 0°C à + 60°C
dimensions : H x L x P = 136 x 250 x 255 mm
Weight: 8 kg
dimensions: H x L x P = 250 x 250 x 60 mm
Weight: 2.8 kg
|Power supply||24 VDC/ 1A
Note: The instrument needs a good ground connection
|Interfaces||Programming via remote control
7 inputs / 5 outputs for PLC controlled applications.
24 V – 10 mA maximum or dry contact.
Rated 48 V / 200 mA maximum.
|Optional||Save results module
Standard resistor box with 2 values